- Perhaps you’ve felt a sense that something profound has yet to change in your life, and you’re not quite sure how to shift into a new experience of yourself with your current therapist. Maybe you now cognitively understand new things, yet your body is still confused. You’re curious if adding in something else might help.
- Have you been meaning to get into therapy, but your schedule is so hectic and demanding that a weekly therapy appointment feels more overwhelming than supportive?
- Maybe you’re needing help —- and a lot of it —- right now, and you don’t want to spend months in the traditional weekly model of therapy treatment to feel better.
IMMERSIVE HEALING INTENSIVES
Is it right for you?
Are you seeking healing and change to happen faster?
Would you like to find relief from your symptoms quicker?
Is it difficult to fit weekly therapy sessions into your already busy schedule?
The traditional model of weekly psychotherapy is shifting to meet your needs. Find out how Amy can help you with intensive healing therapy.
Now more than ever, we need flexibility in how we get support
What is Immersive Healing Intensive? Amy explains...
I believe one of the quickest and most effective ways to overcome our struggles and reduce symptoms is through Intensive Therapy.
Together, we will design your unique Immersive Healing Intensive, which includes EMDR along with Expressive Arts and Sand Tray Therapy. This intensive approach is to work on the struggles that are keeping you from living your life to its fullest potential.
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) therapy has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma. EMDR helps us process negative feelings and change the way we think about ourselves and our memories. The powerful healing effect of EMDR therapy, especially combined with Expressive Arts in an Intensive Healing environment, can produce faster results than standard talk-therapy techniques. Healing Immersions can help clients to process information faster and heal quicker.
The work is certainly INTENSE, but so is the healing!
In some cases, our time together can be utilized to work on very specific parts of your story and after the Intensive, you return to seeing your regular therapist. If you currently have a therapist, please feel free to discuss this option with them.
I can help you decide if an Intensive is right with you during a free 30 minute consultation. Click here to contact me and reserve a time.
BENEFITS TO USING AN INTENSIVE THERAPY APPROACH:
PROCESS MORE INFORMATION FASTER
Dedicate 1-5 days to focus on healing, growth, and connection.
Immersive Healing Intensives are highly concentrated and highly focused, sometimes requiring less time and overall cost to the client.
HEAL IN DAYS NOT MONTHS
Stop scheduling your weeks around therapy sessions.
MAKE A LASTING CHANGE
Take care of your mind, body, spirit and soul
RESEARCH ON INTENSIVE EMDR THERAPY IS POSITIVE
- Intensive application of trauma-focused therapy seems to be well tolerated in clients with PTSD, enabling faster symptom reduction with similar, or even better, results, while reducing the risk that clients drop out prematurely. Learn more here and here.
- An intensive program using EMDR therapy is a potentially safe and effective treatment alternative for complex PTSD. Learn more here.
- The economy is compelling: even compared to other trauma therapy, the intensive format may decrease treatment time, because of time not spent on a) checking in at the beginning of each session, b) addressing current crises and concerns, c) focusing on stabilizing and coping skills that the client won’t need after trauma healing, or d) assisting the client in regaining composure at the end of the session.
Some Things To Consider
AN INVESTMENT IN YOUR FUTURE
Immersive Healing Intensive therapy is a financial investment in you and your future. Rather than being on the weekly payment plan of traditional therapy treatment, you will be investing a larger amount of money up front (that in the long run will likely still be less money than ongoing weekly therapy). Many people choose to plan and save before they can schedule an Intensive. Once the Intensive is scheduled though, you will have a fixed cost to work with rather than the unknown of ongoing weekly therapy.
CHANGE HAS AN IMPACT
When clients make fast but highly effective changes in how they feel and move through the world, that can often impact (both positively as well as negatively) the family system in which they live. Sometimes other parts of the system don’t handle the healing very well. These issues and concerns will be addressed both at our Getting to Know You Session and during the wrap up of our time together. I am a systemically trained marriage and family therapist and while Intensive work is amazingly healing, it can also be system disrupting.
AFTER YOUR INTENSIVE
Many people feel ready to simply move forward after our time together with a new view of their world and a more joyful, lighter feeling. Some clients will benefit from having an established relationship with a therapist who can help them navigate the ongoing healing journey if our work together focused on certain aspects of their story (preverbal trauma work for example). Some people will need to schedule several intensives to fully process and heal their stories. In these situations, having a regular therapist to help work on things between Intensives may be recommended or required. We will thoroughly discuss all of this when we have our Consultation call and Getting to Know You Session.
How to book a consultation:
Your Immersive Healing Intensive includes:
- Complimentary Consultation Session allows us to meet, discuss Intensive overview and assess appropriateness for Intensive Therapy.
- Getting to Know You Session. Time for us to discuss the experiences your wish to focus on, your life story and history and co-develop a plan for our work together.
- Personalized Workbook allows you to work on your Immersive Healing Intensive goals before, during and after our time together.
- Scheduled Intensive Time in my beautiful office in Orlando, Florida. Refreshments Provided for Breaks Post Intensive Session to assess and support the positive changes and adaption from your Immersive Healing Intensive.
- Refreshments Provided for Breaks.
- Post Intensive Session to assess and support the positive changes and adaption from your Immersive Healing Intensive